School and Playground Rules
1. Peak to Peak Elementary
At Peak to Peak, we:
- Respect ourselves and others through our words, actions, and thoughts.
- Come to school read learn.
- Have a positive attitude.
- Bring necessary items.
- Complete all school work.
- Leave distracting items at home (this includes all electronic devices, gum, and trading cards).
- Solve problems peacefully.
- Ask for help when we need it.
- Respect school and others' property.
- Your teacher will walk you to the lunch room and line you up on either side of the counter.
- After getting your food, go to the cashier.
- Microwaves are for grades 4-5 only and grades K-3 may not use microwaves!
- Go straight from the lunchroom line to your seat in your assigned class area. If you are not buying lunch, go directly to your seat.
- You must stay seated the whole time, unless excused by a lunchroom monitor.
- When you are finished eating (and 20 minutes have passed), clean up your space and raise your hand to be excused.
- After you are excused, stack your tray, place unused food and milk on the "sharing table" and exit to the playground.
- Using the bathroom needs to be done before exiting to the playground.
3. Peak to Peak's Discipline Policy (click to see policy)
4. Peak to Peak's Dress Code
- Students are required to be neat, clean, and use good judgment in their manner of dress.
- Shirts need to cover the whole upper body (shirts which are see-through or expose the stomach are unacceptable).
- Tops with straps less than one-inch wide (three-finger rule), shirts which promote drugs, alcohol, tobacco, violence, or offensive language are NOT ALLOWED.
- Shorts and skirts must be longer than fingertip length (shorts should be worn under skirts).
- Pants and jeans should not be sagging or low-cut pants that expose undergarments are NOT ALLOWED.
- Shoes should be worn that allow you to participate in PE and play with your friends. (Athletic shoes must be worn during PE.)
- Skate shoes (shoes with wheels) are not allowed at any time.
5. Non-Clothing Guidelines
- Skateboards, skates, rollerblades, etc. are not allowed. Bicycles must be walked on campus and locked to the bike carrier.
- No sunglasses, hats, bandannas, sweatbands, and scarves (except for religious or cultural reasons) are to be worn in the building.
- Visible tattoos or scribes/written images on skin or anything considered gang or drug related, suggestive, disrespectful, fear inducing, or offensive is not allowed.
- No visible piercing (other than ears).
- Unnatural hair color is unacceptable.
6. Playground Areas and Recess Procedures
On and Off-Limits Areas:
- The stairs leading to the second floor of the Elementary School Building mark the boundary.
- The filed past the sandbox is off limits.
- Be kind, thoughtful, welcoming, and patient.
- Include everyone.
- If you have a problem or see a problem, go to an adult or a Peaceful Problem Solver.
- At lunch recess, equipment is provided for you. Leave all other equipment in your classroom.
- When the bell rings, place equipment down on the ground.
- HAVE FUN TOGETHER!
- Serve with a palm or fist.
- No holding, bottle caps, bubbling, cherry bombs, double-touch, or roping.
- If you cross the center line or touch the pole, your out.
- The incoming person serves the ball.
- Each person is limited to two games.
- Each game is no more than three minutes.
- Blackouts are allowed.
Basketball Area and Games (leave two baskets for shooting and rebounding):
Shoot and rebound (make it/take it).
- Hands off (any touching is a foul).
- Dribble (no running with the ball).
- It is a jump ball if two people from different teams get a hold of the ball at the same time. Those two players will jump-NO substitutes.
- When playing half court, the opposing team must take the ball back to the center line if it hits the rim.
- Half court games are limited to ten players and full-court games may have 16 players.
Four Square Area and Games:
Around the World (Tea Party)
Don't Break the Dishes
- The leader is the person in square A.
- The leader must call the game and direction before the ball is served.
- If the ball hits the line, there is a redo.
- You may not give or trade your square with another person (the first person waiting in line gets square D).
- Wall ball will be played in designated areas only.
- One game is played at a time.
- It is played with a red, rubber, playground ball.
- The ball must hit the wall within the square.
- The ball can only bounce a maximum of one time before the line (zero bounces are okay).
- When you are out, go to the end of the line.
- Slide down the slide one person at a time by sitting on your bottom with your feet forward.
- When you get to the bottom of the slide, clear the area.
- Monkey bars are for hanging only. Do not stand or sit on them.
- Please travel in one direction, wait, and take turns.
- Wood chips must remain on the ground. They are for your safety.
- Swing time is limited to five minutes if someone else is waiting.
- One person at a time is allowed on each swing.
- Sit on your bottom and swing in a back and forth motion.
- If you are waiting for a swing, please stand a safe distance back from the swings and wait for an empty swing.
- No jumping off the swings.
- Keep your shoes on the entire time.
The sand must remain in the sand box and on the ground (do not throw it or put it on another person).